Are you interested in becoming a member of Laura's Feisty Fae? Curious about just what the heck a street team is? If so, here’s the scoop! The street team term came from rock group fans who spread the word to help their favorite groups make bestseller charts. Over time, other types of artists – such as authors – have taken on the street team concept.
Our Street Team mission is basically to spread the word about Laura's books. Word of mouth is always the best, in her humble opinion. Although, Street Team members have not only her gratitude, but also the opportunity to win a few perks.
* An invitation to her Facebook Street Team page where we chat about everything from how best to get the word out to personal chitchat among friends. She also posts random Street Team insider tidbits about her characters and or early peeks at excerpts.
* A chance to win autographed books in special drawings for Street Team members only.
* Drawings for various swag items like pens, notepads, bookmarks, etc.
* A chance to name a character in her next book.
What would she expect from the team?
* Chat about books and share promo materials with blogs you follow, friends, and family — especially during release week for the latest book. An active street team can put a book on a bestseller list!
* Post online! Pick your favorite venues. Everyone can’t be everywhere, but between us we can cover all the bases. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. Again, this is especially important during release week!
* Share your honest review of her latest book on Amazon, Barnes&Noble, iBooks, and Goodreads. The review doesn’t have to be long. Encourage your friends to do the same. Online reviews are more important than you might imagine. (Amazon/B & N reviews can’t be posted until the book comes out, but iBooks and Goodreads allows early reviews.)
Here are some additional things you can to help– whatever is within your comfort zone. Even if you pick just one that’s cool. Consider that your niche!
* Take bookmarks to your local stores and share them with booksellers – or place them in the books at Walmart/Target/etc.
* Take bookmarks to your book club, writer group, or RWA Chapter to share with other members.
* As time permits, chime in when she's doing a blog tour/takeover.
* Do you have a special talent you’d like to share? Some street team members enjoy making memes, book trailers, or fun little graphics about an author’s books.
WARNING:YOU MUST BE ABLE TO HANDLE A GROUP OF LADIES THAT ARE ALWAYS AWESOME AND SOMETIMES WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE!
INTERESTED IN JOINING? Please CLICK HERE to complete a survey!
DO YOU WANT TO HELP PIMP LAURA'S BOOKS?
Are you classy, sassy, and a little bit smartassy?
Sexy, Funny, & Addicting stories